November (Q1) 2024

When do we get a YouTube video on the absolute disaster that NCEPT has been for controllers already in the agency from Mick. He has all this data he talks about but has failed to mention NCEPT. The last video from Santa talked about how we are getting all these new hires. They will go to low level facilities, check out, and transfer to the place you want to be. Same crap every quarter.

The staffing numbers are way too high in a lot of places. Think about what it would be like if you actually had that many controllers

The staffing numbers are way too high in a lot of places. Think about what it would be like if you actually had that many controllers
Funny, our staffing numbers allow us to open most positions (not all) and have enough people on break to allow 60-75 min spins with 30-45 min breaks with normal positions open. If we need to open the last few positions during busy periods, that runs up to just over 90 min spins with the same breaks. Oh and no OT with 2 RDOs (3 for the AWS guys when we had it).

I forgot what that feels like...an entire shift feeling fresh and most everyone (always that one guy) in a great mood and talking about weekend plans and mini trip with the family. Maybe one day...

What people have to realize about staffing numbers, are they aren’t *just* to run the operation.

They are to accomplish things like recurrent training, safety briefings, CBI’s, proper training pre-briefs and de-briefs, SET, actual crew breakouts, etcetera.

I started in the agency over 20 years ago, this whole time actual controller bodies in the seats numbers have done nothing but decrease to the point where we almost never can make our numbers. And if we lose one to sick leave or anything else, we are below.

Now, we always make it work; and it isn’t too painful but just imagine if we had 100% staffing across the NAS what we could get done?

I also would bet that our quality of life would go up, since the ability for spot leave might re-appear and then we could even legitimately release people on article 114 workgroups with no adverse effects to a facility. More schedule options! Briefings, actual crew breakouts, real discussions on operations!

Oh, but to dream. We won’t see good staffing in what’s left of my career (less than 5 years) but if we actually steer the ship we might see it in yours.

What people have to realize about staffing numbers, are they aren’t *just* to run the operation.

They are to accomplish things like recurrent training, safety briefings, CBI’s, proper training pre-briefs and de-briefs, SET, actual crew breakouts, etcetera.

I started in the agency over 20 years ago, this whole time actual controller bodies in the seats numbers have done nothing but decrease to the point where we almost never can make our numbers. And if we lose one to sick leave or anything else, we are below.

Now, we always make it work; and it isn’t too painful but just imagine if we had 100% staffing across the NAS what we could get done?

I also would bet that our quality of life would go up, since the ability for spot leave might re-appear and then we could even legitimately release people on article 114 workgroups with no adverse effects to a facility. More schedule options! Briefings, actual crew breakouts, real discussions on operations!

Oh, but to dream. We won’t see good staffing in what’s left of my career (less than 5 years) but if we actually steer the ship we might see it in yours.
Steer away Cap’n

Management would just open up all positions and send controllers out to do ashsavi elms that aren’t due for 8 months. Anything that will get them a gold star from someone that hasn’t worked traffic in decades.

Anyone hear if the priority MIA and A80 releases will be this NCEPT or next? Heard they will be able to pick up 20 or so regardless of release category.

So I’m confused, which ppt they use? According to the natca NCEPT website the ppt generated on 10/26 says facility ABC could let one 1 person go, I saw a ppt posted here generated on 10/25 facilty ABC says 0 body will be released…

What the fuck is a crew breakout? The fuck are you talking about with pre brief? What's there to discuss? Just yell at the controller while they're on position.

So I’m confused, which ppt they use? According to the natca NCEPT website the ppt generated on 10/26 says facility ABC could let one 1 person go, I saw a ppt posted here generated on 10/25 facilty ABC says 0 body will be released…
They’ll use a corrected version of 10/26.

Back
Top Bottom