1st QTR 2018

I noticed that the Enroute Placement List 'reserved for academy grad' isn't translating into a Placement List Inbound on this PPT. Has anyone else been paying attention to Enroute Academy inbound values lately?
On my rdo cant get new PPT... Is "resv for academy grad" supposed to translate into a placement list inbound? We are on the terminal list for the first time in a while and we are under impression that graduate has to select facility.. but you are saying that's just on the enroute list? Bc if so, we should have some placement list inbounds on the books then... Yeehaw...

On my rdo cant get new PPT... Is "resv for academy grad" supposed to translate into a placement list inbound? We are on the terminal list for the first time in a while and we are under impression that graduate has to select facility.. but you are saying that's just on the enroute list? Bc if so, we should have some placement list inbounds on the books then... Yeehaw...
'Reserved for academy grad' absolutely creates a Placement List Inbound for terminal. Or has in the recent past when I was tracking them closer. And a PLI counts the same as a trainee in the building does towards your proj number. However I also thought it was the same for Enroute

It’s the same. If you haven’t noticed yet, they screw up quite often.

'Reserved for academy grad' absolutely creates a Placement List Inbound for terminal. Or has in the recent past when I was tracking them closer. And a PLI counts the same as a trainee in the building does towards your proj number. However I also thought it was the same for Enroute
Perfect... Thx for the info...

*Edit* after looking at new PPT... Our "resv for academy grad" slots have not translated onto this PPT... Oh well... Hopefully done in time for December...

Last edited:
It’s the same. If you haven’t noticed yet, they screw up quite often.
For sure... They jacked our current up really good last time... Couple that w an apathetic atm and facrep, we had to beg borrow and steal our way up the chain to get it remedied... Have never been in scenario where we were banking on projected til now...

Anyone know if you have a Cat 2 release date and your facility goes to a Cat 1 will someone automatically contact me to push up my release date or what avenue would I go through to get it changed?

Anyone know if you have a Cat 2 release date and your facility goes to a Cat 1 will someone automatically contact me to push up my release date or what avenue would I go through to get it changed?
You have to bring it up to your atm, hr rep who cut your TOL/FOL and let them know the new timeframe you are looking for. The two atms will renegotiate and a new FOL will be processed. My atm fought it every step of the way but I eventually got a release almost 7 months earlier than my 13 month release.

You have to bring it up to your atm, hr rep who cut your TOL/FOL and let them know the new timeframe you are looking for. The two atms will renegotiate and a new FOL will be processed. My atm fought it every step of the way but I eventually got a release almost 7 months earlier than my 13 month release.
Did you just go through your natca rep or speak directly with your ATM?

And does it go off the current PPT that was released or at the time of the next NCEPT?
I did it was soon as we had the proper certifications to get the ball rolling early. I spoke directly with my ATM and told my NATCA rep the situation also. Once I had proof via PPT it went fairly quick after that. We renegotiated a 4 month release because that worked best for me selling my house, planning the move, et cetera. The ATM can only hold you up to three month but the CAT 1 date can be pushed to 6 months at Controller request

I did it was soon as we had the proper certifications to get the ball rolling early. I spoke directly with my ATM and told my NATCA rep the situation also. Once I had proof via PPT it went fairly quick after that. We renegotiated a 4 month release because that worked best for me selling my house, planning the move, et cetera. The ATM can only hold you up to three month but the CAT 1 date can be pushed to 6 months at Controller request
So you were eligible 3 months from when exactly? Just to verify.

So maybe it was figured out already but re reading the A80 MOU it does not over ride the facility average for releases correct? The facility still needs to be be Cat 1/2 for anyone to get selected to get a priority release date. Below average means you still get nothing if i get this right.

So maybe it was figured out already but re reading the A80 MOU it does not over ride the facility average for releases correct? The facility still needs to be be Cat 1/2 for anyone to get selected to get a priority release date. Below average means you still get nothing if i get this right.
Category of facility does not matter on A80 and LAX selections.

No. The MOU explicitly states that no release policy may interfere, which includes the NRP

What happened?

Had one get picked up in the June panel who has reported to his facility. Another got picked up in the Sept. panel, but declined the offer. As a result, someone else got picked up off a supe bid, which places us below our numbers and 3 trainees. My guess is the March panel will be the earliest we can lets someone go

Had one get picked up in the June panel who has reported to his facility. Another got picked up in the Sept. panel, but declined the offer. As a result, someone else got picked up off a supe bid, which places us below our numbers and 3 trainees. My guess is the March panel will be the earliest we can lets someone go
Is the sup out the door before 11/20?

Can someone get selected for a supe job while they also have ERR paperwork in -- not accept the TOL before the ncept panel and then possibly be picked up somewhere else? So then they could decline the supe job and accept the ERR? Or is it once the TOL for the supe job is generated, the ERRs get tossed out?

Back
Top Bottom