Feb 2018

My facility (according to KSN) is Cat 2 and under "Possible Losses" it says 2. I have an ERR into a facility that's "none" category and has possible gains as 2 and another into a category 1 facility, possible gains 0 but is the highest of the 3 on NCEPT Priority. So what can we expect here? Somebody I'm competing with has an err into a facility that is NCEPT Priority 21 (higher than my ERR's) but it's a category 1 that says can possible gain 2.

Sorry- I imagine this is in the wrong section and also probably an open ended question. Just trying to understand the whole process. Learning a lot from all the threads.

Last edited:
My facility (according to KSN) is Cat 2 and under "Possible Losses" it says 2. I have an ERR into a facility that's "none" category and has possible gains as 2 and another into a category 1 facility, possible gains 0 but is the highest of the 3 on NCEPT Priority. So what can we expect here? Somebody I'm competing with has an err into a facility that is NCEPT NCEPT Priority 21 (higher than my ERR's) but it's a category 1 that says can possible gain - 2.

Sorry- I imagine this is in the wrong section and also probably an open ended question. Just trying to understand the whole process. Learning a lot from all the threads.
You would be SOL getting looked at for that highest ranked facility, unless they're level 9 and below, which after all selections up to the natl avg, they would have another round of selections for 9s and below to select up to 100% target numbers...

Keep in mind, after all the Dec selections get figured in... Ncept numbers are going to change and therefore, priority list will shift as well... Don't get too attached to this scenario... If you want to give more details or have questions pm me I can try to expand...

Dang. New numbers and all that will get released once people get their TOLs and release dates? Thanks Jordan appreciate it. I'll probably be PM'ing you with questions in the future on specifics if you don't mind.

Yes... All the selections will get factored in to the new ppt... As a rule, facilities with possible gains will have selected most of, if not all the people they were eligible for... And facilities who were eligible to release people may or may not still be able to based on how many they let go in the Dec panel as well as any certifications that would happen between now and the staffing cutoff for the Feb panel (end Jan timeframe). Yes feel free to msg me anytime and I will help as best I can...

Confusing. FY18 started already I woulda thought a change like this would happened already.
Projected retirements are calculated once every calendar year. The January PPT is the shake up. That number remains the same throughout the year regardless of how many people retire.
For ex. Facility XYZ has a retirement projection of 5.5. 5 people drop paper work and retire in January. They will still have that 5.5 anchor weighing down their projection for the next 11 months.

Projected retirements are calculated once every calendar year. The January PPT is the shake up. That number remains the same throughout the year regardless of how many people retire.
For ex. Facility XYZ has a retirement projection of 5.5. 5 people drop paper work and retire in January. They will still have that 5.5 anchor weighing down their projection for the next 11 months.
FAQ on KSN says FY. It's under the priority placement question type. Describes column W in some detail.
But if you are correct that would explain the change.

Back
Top Bottom