Feb 2018

Heard through the grapevine there's a new facility priority list... While not official, would be curious to see the shakeup since Dec panel... @MJ can you upload?

Give that man a round of applause. I’ll post when I get home. Here’s a teaser: for all you waiting to get to Nantucket or saint Thomas, this is your chance

This resource is awesome. For those of us that don’t have access to Excel. Could someone please post the hidden column with release numbers. Thanks

I know I'm asking a huge favor but would someone who understands this ERR process look at the latest info and let me know to the best of their ability what the prospects are of being released from ZTL in 2018. I understand that there is 0 chance with the FEB NCEPT panel but I'm trying to get a bigger picture for the rest of the year. One resource I saw on here seemed to suggest ZTL would reach over 90% within a year but I don't know if I'm interpreting the info correctly. I'm trying to relocate to a level 9 TRACON that is currently a category 2. Thank you very much in advance.

I know I'm asking a huge favor but would someone who understands this ERR process look at the latest info and let me know to the best of their ability what the prospects are of being released from ZTL in 2018. I understand that there is 0 chance with the FEB NCEPT panel but I'm trying to get a bigger picture for the rest of the year. One resource I saw on here seemed to suggest ZTL would reach over 90% within a year but I don't know if I'm interpreting the info correctly. I'm trying to relocate to a level 9 TRACON that is currently a category 2. Thank you very much in advance.
First off, get your ERR in if it's not already.

Secondly, you guys aren't far off. Your current CPC% needs to reach the current national average (81.8%) to be able to release someone. For you, it depends on how many trainees are close to certifying, I know you guys have quite the training backlog at the moment. With a current CPC total of 281, you need 5 more certifications and 0 losses to get to a CPC total of 286 (81.9%) to be able to release.

Last edited:
First off, get your ERR in if it's not already.

Secondly, you guys aren't far off. Your current CPC% needs to reach the current national average (81.8%) to be able to release someone. For you, it depends on how many trainees are close to certifying, I know you guys have quite the training backlog at the moment.
Yeah, there is quite a backlog and I'm not even sure what the reason is. When I was hired in 08 they had multiple D and R side classes running. Now it's a snail's pace. I turned in my ERR paperwork last November and was not picked up in December and apparently won't in February either. I didn't realize this resource was out here until now so I'm trying to figure it out. I have not been able to even find this KSN website. The resources here have been invaluable but there is so much data and I don't know what I'm looking at half the time. I think we are staffed somewhere around 76.9% so it would seem to get to 81.8% we would need about 8 additional CPCs. Correct me if I am wrong, but that would put ZTL at category 2 which means they can release CPCs but there is a 12 month release period versus a category 1 which has a 3-6 month period?

Yeah, there is quite a backlog and I'm not even sure what the reason is. When I was hired in 08 they had multiple D and R side classes running. Now it's a snail's pace. I turned in my ERR paperwork last November and was not picked up in December and apparently won't in February either. I didn't realize this resource was out here until now so I'm trying to figure it out. I have not been able to even find this KSN website. The resources here have been invaluable but there is so much data and I don't know what I'm looking at half the time. I think we are staffed somewhere around 76.9% so it would seem to get to 81.8% we would need about 8 additional CPCs. Correct me if I am wrong, but that would put ZTL at category 2 which means they can release CPCs but there is a 12 month release period versus a category 1 which has a 3-6 month period?
CAT1 is basically out of the question for your situation. You'll never get to 90% AOB before you get selected CAT2. CAT2 is at or before 12 months and it's up to your ATM 100%.

ZTL current CPC % is 80.5%. View the current PPT here for your updated numbers.
Priority Placement Tool
All of my prior numbers are accurate.

With a category 2 release, is the request approved by the panel with the ATM having up to 12 months to release you or does the ATM have the discretion to not release anyone from a cat 2?

With a category 2 release, is the request approved by the panel with the ATM having up to 12 months to release you or does the ATM have the discretion to not release anyone from a cat 2?
ATM cannot stop the release, but has the authority to keep you for up to 12 months. Sending and receiving ATMs need to agree on a date if it's sooner then 12 months.
Knowing your ATM, once you guys become eligible, I'd plan on the 12 month release.

Back
Top Bottom