Feb 2018

Do level 10, 11, or 12’s select up to the target number or just up to national average?

Level 9 and below are able to select to target number correct?

I just can’t rememeber if higher levels do the same.

Do level 10, 11, or 12’s select up to the target number or just up to national average?

Level 9 and below are able to select to target number correct?

I just can’t rememeber if higher levels do the same.
10-12 select up to the projected national average
9 and below's select to the projected national average on the first pass, then up to 100% projected on the 2nd pass.

Anyone have a point of contact name/fax for the New England region? Can’t locate it here... also, who comprises the NCEPT panel?

Does anyone have the the HR point of contact name and number for the New England region? File on here won’t open...
Also, who comprises the Selection board?
ANE (New England) phone 781-238-7280 fax 781-238-7283

If your talking about the err package zip, it opens just fine.

Some people from HR, ATO, and 2 NATCA RVPs (lebovidge and robicheau)

Last edited:
Just an observation... But possible releases took a big hit... Both Sept and Dec panels had 500ish possible losses... Latest PPT shows 294... Obviously that will fluctuate a little but even at +-20%, you're still, at best, 150 less possible losses than the Dec panel... Not to mention it looks like the MOU door to A80 and LAX is shut for a while until training numbers get shaken up a bit... I foresee competition taking a huge hit this round... Nothing too crazy stands out, facility-wise. JFK, LGA and Ewr have 1, 2 and 5 spots, respectively.

Lots of great 8 up-downs taking 5-6... Sav, IND, CLE, MOB, MKE TUL etc... SAT(9) taking 2... S56(10) and D21(11) taking 6 and 4...

ZAU taking 18... ZLC, ZTL, ZID and ZMA all taking some too...

All in all a good mix in my opinion... Get those fax machines humming!

Just an observation... But possible releases took a big hit... Both Sept and Dec panels had 500ish possible losses... Latest PPT shows 294... Obviously that will fluctuate a little but even at +-20%, you're still, at best, 150 less possible losses than the Dec panel... Not to mention it looks like the MOU door to A80 and LAX is shut for a while until training numbers get shaken up a bit... I foresee competition taking a huge hit this round... Nothing too crazy stands out, facility-wise. JFK, LGA and Ewr have 1, 2 and 5 spots, respectively.

Lots of great 8 up-downs taking 5-6... Sav, IND, CLE, MOB, MKE TUL etc... SAT(9) taking 2... S56(10) and D21(11) taking 6 and 4...

ZAU taking 18... ZLC, ZTL, ZID and ZMA all taking some too...

All in all a good mix in my opinion... Get those fax machines humming!
Agreed, if you're lucky enough to still have a release your competition will be way down this round. A lucky bounce for some. Another hurdle for others.

All of those 8 up/downs were on a previous experience hire list just the other day. I’m sure it’s a losing battle, but out of curiosity, has natca contested sending new hires above level 6-7 facilities so folks can move up? Keep the revolving door going and creating a streamlined flow.

All of those 8 up/downs were on a previous experience hire list just the other day. I’m sure it’s a losing battle, but out of curiosity, has natca contested sending new hires above level 6-7 facilities so folks can move up? Keep the revolving door going and creating a streamlined flow.
Up until this point the <7s have been bypassing the 8-9s and going right to 12s so I doubt you're gonna get sympathy for that cause. Some 8-9s have had it the worst so far. But I think most of us would agree that submitted ERRs should factor in to sending prev exp to any 8s and up.

Just an observation... But possible releases took a big hit... Both Sept and Dec panels had 500ish possible losses... Latest PPT shows 294...

Think this has something to do with the absurd hardships out there?? Not to bash hardships, I know they’re for a great cause and people truly need them. It just seems I’m hearing/seeing more and more hardships for B.S. cases and people are using the system knowlingly.

Think this has something to do with the absurd hardships out there?? Not to bash hardships, I know they’re for a great cause and people truly need them. It just seems I’m hearing/seeing more and more hardships for B.S. cases and people are using the system knowlingly.
I don't... Hardships... Even the legit ones... Are a small fraction of the movement in the agency... I truly think that the June and September panel selections are finally moving to their new facilities... And that is forcing a lot of facilities below the current national avg for now and unable to release at this exact moment...

I don't... Hardships... Even the legit ones... Are a small fraction of the movement in the agency... I truly think that the June and September panel selections are finally moving to their new facilities... And that is forcing a lot of facilities below the current national avg for now and unable to release at this exact moment...

Makes sense.

Up until this point the <7s have been bypassing the 8-9s and going right to 12s so I doubt you're gonna get sympathy for that cause. Some 8-9s have had it the worst so far. But I think most of us would agree that submitted ERRs should factor in to sending prev exp to any 8s and up.

Completely understandable and I agree. The mid levels have, for the most part, seen the worst of this whole process. As someone who doesn’t really have plans to go above an 8 (never really know though), It would be nice if they didn’t get pumped full by new hires ha. More selfish than anything I suppose.

Most of the decrease in possible losses is due to the increase in retirement numbers, with the most impactful change coming from the centers. ZKC, for instance, only had one controller get picked up last panel but their possible losses went from 19 before the panel to 1 now. This is because the increase in retirement numbers dropped their projected % to 85.4%, just above the Cat 2 limit. ZOB went from 31 possible losses to 9, ZJX went from 19 to 5, ZBW 22 to 5, etc. with most of the centers on this downward trend. The same thing happened to a lot of towers as well, just on a smaller scale.

The system was tailored to "work" with the specific parameters that had been in place. Now that those are changed, all the corks are popping out of the dam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom