May (Q3) 2024

For OKC, under “releasable ERRs” it says 2?
But the NRP category says none?
Some one explain please
They cover two different things. Releaseable ERRs on the ERR demand sheet is about the ERRs that are filed TO that facility (OKC in this case) that are releasable FROM their current facilities (not OKC). The NRP category is the category that that specific facility is for release timelines. So OKC being none means they can't release and of the ERRs on file to them, only 2 are releasable from their current facilities. Doesn't mean they would be able to pick them up as the panel has to go through the list in order so by the time it gets to OKC, maybe neither of those 2 can be released now as their facilities have already released someone and dropped them down out being able to release before it got to OKC.

The problem is we have controllers that will work for over two hours straight and will work themselves to the bone to accommodate. Rather than saying no
This is the problem. We need to get everyone on the same page. I have no problem with this. If Im at 2, I will stop working. Stare the sup straight in the face and say, break time for me boss. Where is my relief?

This should be happening at every facility. Don’t push the traffic anymore. We have the conversation about this all the time. safe and orderly. Fuck the expeditious part- only benefits the airlines and the FAA.

The problem is we have controllers that will work for over two hours straight and will work themselves to the bone to accommodate. Rather than saying no
Hard to break prior military, military, DoD, and contract habits. We had to show our worth or lose a job/position.

I would argue we need more controllers to short or pass breaks so we can train newcomers, or accommodate the training of, to where we want them to be. Not just the casual hr on, hr off we get there if/when we do. Not saying we don't need an out of a training/control position trainer pay. Lotta directions there 🤷‍♂️.

Hard to break prior military, military, DoD, and contract habits. We had to show our worth or lose a job/position.

I would argue we need more controllers to short or pass breaks so we can train newcomers, or accommodate the training of, to where we want them to be. Not just the casual hr on, hr off we get there if/when we do. Not saying we don't need an out of a training/control position trainer pay. Lotta directions there 🤷‍♂️.

Hour on hour off? What magical district are you in where the penny pushers haven’t ruined that for y’all yet?

Hour on hour off is a thing where I work and they still increase our number through CRWG. That’s how you know it’s fake.
Same where i work, if we go to our new number, we might legitimately be hour on 3 off. Our tower isnt big enough for this increase.

Same where i work, if we go to our new number, we might legitimately be hour on 3 off. Our tower isnt big enough for this increase.
Work ground separate from local, work clearance separate from ground, standalone CIC, heck they can always create a local assist position. Don't worry about that!

In seriousness though, I wonder if the variance across facilities comes from misinterpreting or deliberately fudging the process. Some facilities made their new numbers taking into account having people off the boards for recurrent or whatever, and some didn't, maybe? Who knows.

Work ground separate from local, work clearance separate from ground, standalone CIC, heck they can always create a local assist position. Don't worry about that!

In seriousness though, I wonder if the variance across facilities comes from misinterpreting or deliberately fudging the process. Some facilities made their new numbers taking into account having people off the boards for recurrent or whatever, and some didn't, maybe? Who knows.
I wouldn't be surprised if the FAA approached this with a "one size fits all" approach.

I feel like a lot of people may have tried to game the numbers so that when they get to 85% or 90% they are fully staffed knowing the FAA can’t figure out how to get to 100%.

I don’t think the process was very thorough. I think each number was just created locally who knows how. Many times possibly like the night before it was due. I also don’t think people realize how quickly you go from understaffed fo overstaffed. Being 2-3 over numbers quickly turns into splitting dead sectors cus everyone is sitting around. If we went to full CRWG we’d be 5-6 over numbers a lot of days.

I don’t think the process was very thorough. I think each number was just created locally who knows how. Many times possibly like the night before it was due. I also don’t think people realize how quickly you go from understaffed fo overstaffed. Being 2-3 over numbers quickly turns into splitting dead sectors cus everyone is sitting around. If we went to full CRWG we’d be 5-6 over numbers a lot of days.
And with reauthorization passed they will have to conduct another study within the year to change the numbers again. It's going to be wild seeing the differences when they release the study information.

Where you at “Nothanks”?

Tell all these people how nuts they are, and how you have the information that NATCA will not let the new CRWG numbers reduce release eligibility at all because NATCA is all about “promoting movement”.

Back
Top Bottom