May (Q3) 2024

You’d think. But the problem is everyone’s “new” number is tanked. They just moving goal posts
Some of the new numbers are justified like AUS, MCO. Then you have level 5 HUF from 17 to 29, wot!? (Maybe 804 to IND is a reason) but then MLU level 5 (one of the slowest up/downs in the NAS, 15 to 21, WOT!?

If they take the CRWG numbers, it’s going to piss a lot of people off. There’s only 26ish facilities who DIDN’T change.

You’d think. But the problem is everyone’s “new” number is tanked. They just moving goal posts
Just so I’m understanding this correctly. If a facilities old number was 11 and the CRWG new number is 14 and they WERE eligible to release two, are those two people NO LONGER releasable?

If they take the CRWG numbers, it’s going to piss a lot of people off. There’s only 26ish facilities who DIDN’T change.
Well we will see when they push out the selections. I'd be pissed if i was one of those people who are getting screwed by that, thankfully I don't have to worry about that. It sucks that this one more nail in the coffin for this career. It's like being on a sinking ship you can't do anything about but abandon it. (controllers who don't have many years in should absolutely bail if they at a blackhole facility)

Just so I’m understanding this correctly. If a facilities old number was 11 and the CRWG new number is 14 and they WERE eligible to release two, are those two people NO LONGER releasable?
I mean….. that’s how I’m seeing it. I could be wrong.

Depends on your facility, CMH, JAX, VGT, and MCO are the only ones that I’ve been told are using the new CRWG numbers, but I’m sure there’s more. Not every facility will be using CRWG for this NCEPT Panel. Just the ones whose staffing has been deemed a problem by NATCA National.

Well we will see when they push out the selections. I'd be pissed if i was one of those people who are getting screwed by that, thankfully I don't have to worry about that. It sucks that this one more nail in the coffin for this career. It's like being on a sinking ship you can't do anything about but abandon it. (controllers who don't have many years in should absolutely bail if they at a blackhole facility)
Yup. I’m working on getting my VA disability up to 100 percent and then ima quit and do something else

Some of the new numbers are justified like AUS, MCO. Then you have level 5 HUF from 17 to 29, wot!? (Maybe 804 to IND is a reason) but then MLU level 5 (one of the slowest up/downs in the NAS, 15 to 21, WOT!?
I’d be pissed if I was at one of those facilities and my rep allowed or was ok with the number increasing that much. Fully knowing you probably don’t need that big of an increase.

Yup. I’m working on getting my VA disability up to 100 percent and then ima quit and do something else
Good on you. I really don't encourage young people to do this job if they have other options. This job will keep falling, I don't see how the NAS overcomes this without massive pay increases, investment in workforce and technology or maybe A.I. takes over. Who knows.

I’m outta here if we go off our new crwg numbers to release. 70% increase at a level 5 LOL. How were CRWG numbers determined? Was it facrep and ATM basically? If we were to ever reach our new number I’d have to fight over a spot on the toilet let alone find a position to keep currency on.

I’m outta here if we go off our new crwg numbers to release. 70% increase at a level 5 LOL. How were CRWG numbers determined? Was it facrep and ATM basically? If we were to ever reach our new number I’d have to fight over a spot on the toilet let alone find a position to keep currency on.
Facrep and atm did the current crwg. Facrep and atm filled out the staffing survey for the new ones. Mick Devine and a DO at HQ did the new CRWGs.

Yeah it was supposed to be ATM and FACREP, however we all know how shady some ATM's can be. So, looking at some of these absolute abomination of new staffing numbers that one can imagine shady shit happened to make those numbers real.

Unintended consequences of NCEPT: if you need 100 cpcs to be fully staffed, and NCEPT constantly leaves you at 85 controllers, then your CRWG number is probably 118.
This is why services will have to be curtailed and in some places stop. This system is not sustainable in its current form. The FAA wants it cake and to eat it too. We literally don't have the people to accomplish the job and won't without making sacrifices to services.

This is why services will have to be curtailed and in some places stop. This system is not sustainable in its current form. The FAA wants it cake and to eat it too. We literally don't have the people to accomplish the job and won't without making sacrifices to services.
The problem is we have controllers that will work for over two hours straight and will work themselves to the bone to accommodate. Rather than saying no

For OKC, under “releasable ERRs” it says 2?
But the NRP category says none?
Some one explain please

I’d be pissed if I was at one of those facilities and my rep allowed or was ok with the number increasing that much. Fully knowing you probably don’t need that big of an increase.
Flip side.... you are a lifer at one of those facilities and you love your rep trying to hook you up with fat staffing, plenty of leave opportunities and breaks...

For OKC, under “releasable ERRs” it says 2?
But the NRP category says none?
Some one explain please
Prolly 2 green inbound requests

Back
Top Bottom