Feb 2018

I was going to pm you. But I can't for some reason. I need to maintain some form of anonymity. Lol
You're getting a double upgrade soon, could be worse.
Did they explain to you how the CI transfers in a consolidation? Cuz all the tracon's CIs added into AZO 1 for 1 should equal a triple upgrade. But I heard it was going to be an 8.

Last edited:
You're right getting a double upgrade soon, could be worse.
Did they explain to you how the CI transfers in a consolidation? Cuz all the tracon's CIs added into AZO 1 for 1 should equal a triple upgrade. But I heard it was going to be an 8.

Last I heard, level 8 once all 5 other facilities are online. The CI doesn't directly translate. You can't just add all the CIs to get the new number.

Looks like everyone is supposed to be at AZO sometime in 2019. That's when the staffing number should change too.

Last edited:
Last I heard, level 8 once all 5 facilities are online. The CI doesn't directly translate. You can't just add all the CIs to get the new number.

Looks like everyone is supposed to be at AZO sometime in 2019. That's when the staffing number should change too.
I wonder how the math works. Maybe iterfacilty flights that were counting once per facility are now intrafacility overflights and count only once?

I wonder how the math works. Maybe iterfacilty flights that were counting once per facility are now intrafacility overflights and count only once?

Yes. That definitely part of it. The other part is that I guess 1 airport has to be designated as the primary airport for the airspace or something like that. I believe it's going to be GRR. So instead of have 6 primary airports, you have 1, thus affecting the count.

As far as interesting developments...
Granted, the MOU is outside of the NCEPT but until this point, A80/LAX have only staffed up to the projected national average. This panel, they both selected well over.

Question: if a facility is listed on the priority list at having, say 8 possible gains but only 5 are selected, what can one interpret from that? That some how the numbers changed? Others on the list were not attractive enough?

Question: if a facility is listed on the priority list at having, say 8 possible gains but only 5 are selected, what can one interpret from that? That some how the numbers changed? Others on the list were not attractive enough?
For the June '17 panel, LAX was eligible to select 11 people, but only picked up 6. I (ranked #10 out of 11 on the manager list, so should've gotten selected) was advised by NATCA that the NCEPT panel "didn't want to saturate LAX' training department above 38%", so they made the judgement call to stop selections at 6.

99% of the time that means they didn't have any more eligible ERRs on file (aka a guaranteed selection facility).

ATM's can rank candidates "insufficient experience", but rarely due.

The NCEPT on previous occasions has restricted numbers to high level facilities that would overwhelm the training department.

As far as interesting developments...
Granted, the MOU is outside of the NCEPT but until this point, A80/LAX have only staffed up to the projected national average. This panel, they both selected well over.

Breakaway, I’m a little confused, we had someone selected from our facility for A80 over someone who had in for CLE, she was number 3 on the manager ranking list. Does the A80/LAX MOU stay in play for NCEPT selections?

Breakaway, I’m a little confused, we had someone selected from our facility for A80 over someone who had in for CLE, she was number 3 on the manager ranking list. Does the A80/LAX MOU stay in play for NCEPT selections?
A80 and LAX will always be ranked 1A and 1B to start every NCEPT. If your facility can only release 1 and one person gets selected for A80 or LAX to start the NCEPT, your facility is no longer eligible for the remainder of the NCEPT.

Back
Top Bottom