Feb 2018

@breakaway2000
It doesn't look like they used the most current SWB data (02/14) why do you think that is? Why use month old data instead of the current numbers so everything is more accurate?

@breakaway2000
It doesn't look like they used the most current SWB data (02/14) why do you think that is? Why use month old data instead of the current numbers so everything is more accurate?
They've always used the PPT executed the month prior to the panel. Every NCEPT panel is a snap shot in time. It takes 3 weeks to upload eligible resumes, get managers to rank lists, etc.

You won't see last second positive updates (Ex going from 2 to 3 releases) because going from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 cannot happen fairly. Lists have already been ranked.

The line has to be drawn somewhere and it's when the PPT is run the month prior to the panel.

Couldn’t find a way to post in the ERR MOU, sorry if this is located in wrong spot, but I and 2 other people were approved for our ERR’s out of ZMP. Everyone is a Cat. 2 release. So how does the ATM determine when and who is released during what time frame within the 12 months? Us 3 are in all different areas in the building. Has anyone talked to their ATM before and mentioned a time they’d prefer, I know it’s out of my hands but with apartment leases/houses, etc.

Couldn’t find a way to post in the ERR MOU, sorry if this is located in wrong spot, but I and 2 other people were approved for our ERR’s out of ZMP. Everyone is a Cat. 2 release. So how does the ATM determine when and who is released during what time frame within the 12 months? Us 3 are in all different areas in the building. Has anyone talked to their ATM before and mentioned a time they’d prefer, I know it’s out of my hands but with apartment leases/houses, etc.
If I'm not mistaken it would by default go in order of selection....so look at the priority list NCEPT used and where your coworkers are going and just go down the list.

Stinger is correct if you were dealing with Cat 1 and Cat 2 releases from the same facility. In your situation, Cat 2 is simply "within 12 months". It's completely up to your ATM and your receiving facilities ATM. In reality, I'd like to think your ATM would be reasonable based on your individual area's staffing, but to drive the point home, your ATM could give one person a two month release, another an 8 month release, and another a 12 month release and they complied with the MOU.

Cat 2's need to negotiate a release. After you receive and sign your TOL, you need to meet with your ATM and coordinate a release date. Discuss when you'd like to be released and why you think staffing in your area allows for it. Bring up the items you mentioned, apartment/house/lease, etc. Once you decide on a release date, it will be discussed/submitted to the received ATM for approval.

Stinger is correct if you were dealing with Cat 1 and Cat 2 releases from the same facility. In your situation, Cat 2 is simply "within 12 months". It's completely up to your ATM and your receiving facilities ATM. In reality, I'd like to think your ATM would be reasonable based on your individual area's staffing, but to drive the point home, your ATM could give one person a two month release, another an 8 month release, and another a 12 month release and they complied with the MOU.

Cat 2's need to negotiate a release. After you receive and sign your TOL, you need to meet with your ATM and coordinate a release date. Discuss when you'd like to be released and why you think staffing in your area allows for it. Bring up the items you mentioned, apartment/house/lease, etc. Once you decide on a release date, it will be discussed/submitted to the received ATM for approval.

Awesome, thanks breakaway!

If I'm not mistaken it would by default go in order of selection....so look at the priority list NCEPT used and where your coworkers are going and just go down the list.

Doesn’t mater if the facility is cat 2 only. If ATM wants he can release all cat 2’s the same day a year from now, regardless of what the order of facility priority is. He gets the power, even if the other ATM would like you earlier.

How do I know? Because the manager at my last center did it to us. Released like 4 of us the same day regardless of priority, and then proceeded to screw the last guy over who actually went and talked to him and asked for earlier.

For the ZMP guy, good luck, it’s a fun and interesting transition. Wait till you see the keyboard and data blocks since you are coming from a center, lol. Don’t worry, you will get a CBI on it though; hahaha!

Last edited:
What did the ATM do to the last guy?

I like the terminal datablocks better than the ones used in a center.

Let him go 2 weeks after me. He was in the same area I was.

Even so, because of when the NCEPT selection was in June 2016, and how they did pay periods, my release date was literally a year plus a day after the selection. The other guy’s was literally more then a year after, but it was in compliance with the release date guidance the ncept board gave.

It (release date) also coincided with the 1.6% June 2017 raise, so if we would have got released before it, we would get our 1/2 on the go, then the 1.6 raise versus the raise at our old facility, and then the transfer and 1/2 on the go. A little extra screw you at the end for anyone moving up, lol.

The other guy’s was literally more then a year after, but it was in compliance with the release date guidance the ncept board gave.
Release date MOU says release within 12 months upon selection. As long as the June selections were effective by the last day of June the following year there's no issue.
The difference in your 1.6% probably only amounted to a couple hundred dollars difference at most. If I could give up a 1.6% raise and trade for an NCEPT selection, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Let him go 2 weeks after me. He was in the same area I was.

Even so, because of when the NCEPT selection was in June 2016, and how they did pay periods, my release date was literally a year plus a day after the selection. The other guy’s was literally more then a year after, but it was in compliance with the release date guidance the ncept board gave.

It (release date) also coincided with the 1.6% June 2017 raise, so if we would have got released before it, we would get our 1/2 on the go, then the 1.6 raise versus the raise at our old facility, and then the transfer and 1/2 on the go. A little extra screw you at the end for anyone moving up, lol.
The June 2017 selections have the same wrinkle with the year dates being a year plus 3 weeks for some reason. But this post is very confusing to me. Doesn't your offer get the 1.6 anyway? Aren't the offers adjusted with raises? Otherwise you'd be forfeiting that 1.6 forever. It'd be a huge deal.
Can someone clarify?
@breakaway2000
@MJ

The June 2017 selections have the same wrinkle with the year dates being a year plus 3 weeks for some reason. But this post is very confusing to me. Doesn't your offer get the 1.6 anyway? Aren't the offers adjusted with raises? Otherwise you'd be forfeiting that 1.6 forever. It'd be a huge deal.
Can someone clarify?
@breakaway2000
@MJ

You get the 1.6% still at your current facility pay, unless you are at the band max and then you get it as a lump sum. Afterwards They process the transfer and give you your half on the go per your FOL.

Additionally if there is a government raise moving the pay bands, i.e. the January bump we got last year, they will adjust that into your FOL if you have a long release date. You don’t lose, per se, you just don’t maximize if they transfer you on or after our June raise-

Last edited:
The June 2017 selections have the same wrinkle with the year dates being a year plus 3 weeks for some reason.
The selections this week have a release NLT than 3/3/3019 according to the natca spreadsheet. Maybe they're going off the first full pay period that starts in March the following year?

For the ZMP guy, good luck, it’s a fun and interesting transition. Wait till you see the keyboard and data blocks since you are coming from a center, lol. Don’t worry, you will get a CBI on it though; hahaha!

Yeah I’m excited for it, hope they send me to TSEW though at least, all I’ve ever known is Center life lol

Can someone clarify?
@breakaway2000
@MJ
The way I always believed it would work is the 1.6% is based on the facility you're currently at when the raise goes into effect.

Ex. (for simplicity sake
Current pay 100k
New pay 130k

1.6% at current facility =

50% on the go = 130k - 101,600 = 28,400/2 = 14,200

Starting Salary = $115,800

Certified Salary = $115,800+$14,200 = 130k

Assuming no raises while training, the raise disappears.

How HR described it to me was the opposite (but if Jdatc has already been through it, then what they said and what actually happens are two different things)

HR said that even if you're going in July (on a year+ release date aka selected on the June panel), they would count the 1.6% after the 50% on the go

Ex.
Current pay 100K
New Pay 130K

50% on the go = 115K

115K * 1.6% = $116,840.

Certification Salary = $131,840.
You would then get to keep that raise every year for the remainder of your career ( a huge difference).

Unfortunately if Jdatc has experience the exact opposite, the person I spoke with from HR was incorrect.

The way I always believed it would work is the 1.6% is based on the facility you're currently at when the raise goes into effect.

Unfortunately if Jdatc has experience the exact opposite, the person I spoke with from HR was incorrect.

I went in June last year, with a transfer the same time as the 1.6% raise. However, I was at the top of the pay band, or capped out if you will-

I got the lump sum instead of a raise.

Then they processed the 50% on the go to my salary, which was the percentage raise in the contract since I was above the minimum of the band.

The ideal is to go the pay period before the June raise, not the same one or after.

Last edited:
I went in June last year, with a transfer the same time as the 1.6% raise. However, I was at the top of the pay band, or capped out if you will-

I got the lump sum instead of a raise.

Then they processed the 50% on the go to my salary, which was the percentage raise in the contract since I was above the minimum of the band.

The ideal is to go the pay period before the June raise, not the same one or after.

you should speak to HR, because when it is the same pay period, its supposed to be calculated in the favor of the employee, or so I was told.

Back
Top Bottom