Feb 2018

you should speak to HR, because when it is the same pay period, its supposed to be calculated in the favor of the employee, or so I was told.

I spoke with HR, and that’s the guidance they were given. Things are suppose to be in favor of the employee when it comes to pay, however, this is both pay and a transfer. The ATO gets to decide what order that process goes in beacause in reality, it is a couple different animals. However;

I didn’t fight it much though because in the long run it’s all about a wash with me getting a lump sum, I couldn’t get the full 8% anyway since I went from a 12->10->11. They pay me well enough I suppose.

The way I always believed it would work is the 1.6% is based on the facility you're currently at when the raise goes into effect.

HR said that even if you're going in July (on a year+ release date aka selected on the June panel), they would count the 1.6% after the 50% on the go
I used to think the same (that you "lose" the raise if you transfer after), but have seen it in practice work the way HR described it to you. IE if you get a 1% raise prior to transfer, your pay would be adjusted up 1% after transfer.

I would think if you're capped out the lump sum would be calculated at current rate, not future rate. Which is what seems to have happened for jd.

I spoke with HR, and that’s the guidance they were given. Things are suppose to be in favor of the employee when it comes to pay, however, this is both pay and a transfer. The ATO gets to decide what order that process goes in beacause in reality, it is a couple different animals. However;

I didn’t fight it much though because in the long run it’s all about a wash with me getting a lump sum, I couldn’t get the full 8% anyway since I went from a 12->10->11. They pay me well enough I suppose.
yeah, if its basically a wash, cool, but imagaine if you went from top of a 4 band to a 10+... things would be much different.

Why can't you get 8% for 12->10->11?
Was it just cuz you were at the top of a 10 and top of 10+8%=More than top of 11? Or is there some other kind of restriction for going down then back up?

Why can't you get 8% for 12->10->11?
Was it just cuz you were at the top of a 10 and top of 10+8%=More than top of 11? Or is there some other kind of restriction for going down then back up?

Basic Pay max at a 10 is $133,628
Basic pay max at an 11 is $140,641

This is with no locality. 8% would be 133,628*1.08 or 144,318 which is above band max.
Therefore 140,641-133,628=7,013. Divide that by 2 and you get 3,506 on the go basically... that’s for the 2018 payscale anyway, if you were in my prior situation.

They break it down for you in your OPF folder too, both when I went from a 12 down and back up, they have a document they use to make sure it is done correctly.

https://pointsixtyfive.com/xenforo/resources/pay-charts.199/download?version=544

Last edited:
Base salary max at a 10 is $133,628
Base salary max at an 11 is $140,641

This is with no locality. 8% would be 133,628*1.08 or 144,318 which is above band max.
Therefore 140,641-133,628=7,013. Divide that by 2 and you get 3,506 on the go basically... that’s for the 2018 payscale anyway, if you were in my prior situation.

They break it down for you in your OPF folder too, both when I went from a 12 down and back up, they have a document they use to make sure it is done correctly.

https://pointsixtyfive.com/xenforo/resources/pay-charts.199/download?version=544
Ok so it cuz you were restricted by the top of the 11 band. Thx.

Last edited:
A heads up to all. If you transfer near the 1.6% pay raise, pay close attention to your pay stubs. In 2015 I transferred from an 8 to an 11. My raise never went thru. I was promised it would be fixed. The end of the next pay period was the 1.6% raise. My pay was fixed in their eyes but my 1.6 was processed on the old 8 pay instead of the 11 pay. My pay was fixed retroactively but then was automatically put back to level 8 with the 1.6% added. It took 3 pay periods to get it all sorted out and it was a massive pain in the ass!

First facility was assigned , second was where I wanted to be, third was for my fiance and this is one we both agreed on. Funny though , I see at least 2 more moves in my future.

Back
Top Bottom