Feb 2018

Is there a way to know the total number of ERR's, both eligible and ineligible, currently active in the system or at the start of a given panel? I feel like they're doing a terrible job of letting people know how much desire exists within the workforce to move around.
They do a good job having that information come out after each panel, you can look 4 posts up for the eligible numbers from last panel.

While the SOP does state...

"3.7.3.In accordance with AHR Operating Procedures, Internal Tentative and Firm Job Offer Process, upon receipt of the verbal acceptance of the tentative offer by the ATCS, AHR will send an email to the gaining and losing ATMs notifying them the offer was accepted and request the ATMs establish the release date in accordance with the National Release Policy."

You are still an active participant. I've yet to ever hear of a story of somebody being forced to leave earlier then they desired within the Category window (All deviation requests to extend past a Cat 1 or Cat 2 window have been denied outright).

I got picked up Category 2, but signed another one year lease right before NCEPT, so ideally I'd like tp be released May 2019. Are you saying that there is a very good chance my deviation request will be denied and I'll be SOL? I can make it work! I just wanted to save myself the expense of breaking the lease.

I got picked up Category 2, but signed another one year lease right before NCEPT, so ideally I'd like tp be released May 2019. Are you saying that there is a very good chance my deviation request will be denied and I'll be SOL? I can make it work! I just wanted to save myself the expense of breaking the lease.
Correct, any request to deviate past 3/3/19 will be denied. You'll have to try to work something out with your landlord, sublet for 2 months, or eat the cost. I'll update the prior deviation requests so you can all see them.

Is there a way to know the total number of ERR's, both eligible and ineligible, currently active in the system or at the start of a given panel? I feel like they're doing a terrible job of letting people know how much desire exists within the workforce to move around.
In addition to seeing the eligible numbers above, you can view the eligible and ineligible numbers from all past panels in the NCEPT minutes located here...
NCEPT - NCEPT Minutes

Once the minutes are released from this past panel, the ineligible numbers will come out.

Correct, any request to deviate past 3/3/19 will be denied. You'll have to try to work something out with your landlord, sublet for 2 months, or eat the cost. I'll update the prior deviation requests so you can all see them.

Thanks breakaway. Just out of curioisity, why have they denied all deviation requests?

In addition to seeing the eligible numbers above, you can view the eligible and ineligible numbers from all past panels in the NCEPT minutes located here...
NCEPT - NCEPT Minutes

Once the minutes are released from this past panel, the ineligible numbers will come out.
Oh, thanks for clarifying that. In my head I was thinking that the total request number was the eligible request number. So using the January minutes as an exmaple, only 348 people out of ~15k active controllers were trying to ERR?

Edit: Also, any idea what "AJG-P21 reviewed over 4,300 requests from 1,558 unique employees and determined that 1,230 request from 348 employees were valid" means? Like, the ERR's were filled out wrong?

Thanks breakaway. Just out of curioisity, why have they denied all deviation requests?
Simply protecting timelines and not setting a precedent (if you do it for one you have to do it for everyone). NATCA fought to remove the year+ release dates. One of the major complaints from the agency leading into the NCEPT were people holding 2 year release dates where a facility was expecting them for two years, then they turn it down last second.

Oh, thanks for clarifying that. In my head I was thinking that the total request number was the eligible request number. So using the January minutes as an exmaple, only 348 people out of ~15k active controllers were trying to ERR?

Edit: Also, any idea what "AJG-P21 reviewed over 4,300 requests from 1,558 unique employees and determined that 1,230 request from 348 employees were valid" means? Like, the ERR's were filled out wrong?

1,558 total controllers had ERRs in the system. Those 1,558 had a total of 4,300 requests between them (~3 ERRs per person).

Of those requests, only 348 people were from Cat 1 or Cat 2 facilities (or had an ERR into A80 or LAX). Of those 348 people, there were a total of 1,230 between them (~4 ERRs per person)

Just got a call from HR. They told me what my new base pay would be for D21 with the locality. She didn’t include the CIP pay that the website shows her. Was told to expect to get an email here in a few days from them.

Look in pay setting section in the Slate Book. It used to be 3 years from affective transfer date , but they changed it to 2 years. So if possible, you may want to check that transfer date if you can get the 2 years... gets you 8%.

Section 108

CPCs and CPC-ITs who transfer to a lower ATC FPL in accordance with the rules of Section 7(i)(1)(b), and who subsequently transfer to a higher ATC FPL within two (2) years of the effective date of the initial transfer, will have pay set in accordance with the rules of Section 7(i)(1)(a) rather than Section 7(c).

It’s a good contract
Section 7(i)(1)(b) is hardship and mutual swap. For some reason everyone thinks you have to wait 2 years to get a raise for going back up via ERR but I don't see that in writing anywhere. The fact that's it's such a common opinion though makes me think I'm wrong here.
From my understanding is if you transfer via Section 7(c) there is no time restraints on anything.

Section 7(i)(1)(b) is hardship and mutual swap. For some reason everyone thinks you have to wait 2 years to get a raise for going back up via ERR but I don't see that in writing anywhere. The fact that's it's such a common opinion though makes me think I'm wrong here.
From my understanding is if you transfer via Section 7(c) there is no time restraints on anything.

You know, I went back and read it in the red book, and it was kind of broken out a little different. Reading the slate book, it does appear like it only applies to swaps and hardships. Got me.

You know, I went back and read it in the red book, and it was kind of broken out a little different. Reading the slate book, it does appear like it only applies to swaps and hardships. Got me.
I think we're all really just looking for clarification on basically everything discussed on these boards. Anyone actually experience this situation on here?

I think we're all really just looking for clarification on basically everything discussed on these boards. Anyone actually experience this situation on here?
I'll let you know what my TOL says. Im not going to go out of my way to tell HR I may not qualify though.

What do you mean by back down again? Is that good/bad? I don’t understand. If I read that corrry there were 1,003 correct and “approved” ERR’s and they selected 162, is that what you mean by going back down?

What do you mean by back down again? Is that good/bad? I don’t understand. If I read that corrry there were 1,003 correct and “approved” ERR’s and they selected 162, is that what you mean by going back down?
I believe he meant in terms of overall selections

Here's a total selection breakdown of the past 5 panels

February 2018 - 162
December 2017 - 212
September 2017 - 202
June 2017 - 151
March 2017 - 69

Back
Top Bottom