Feb 2018

ZBW went from being able to release 22 two months ago, to only being able to release 1

Whoa
The Projected Retirements And Other Losses column gets reset once a year and has the biggest effect on centers relative to body count because their staffing numbers are so large. It also slowly decreases throughout the course of the year. Projected Retirements jumped up 17 in one PPT for them. Seems like the easiest time to ERR into a center is January and the easiest time to leave one is December.

I know PPT was run, but is that the official cutoff for adding CPC? If memory serves, some places have crammed new CPCs/fixed errors up to like, a week before selections... We have a pending checkride that could give us the ability to release...

I know PPT was run, but is that the official cutoff for adding CPC? If memory serves, some places have crammed new CPCs/fixed errors up to like, a week before selections... We have a pending checkride that could give us the ability to release...
I've yet to see a new CPC addition after the deadline (unless they ran a completely new PPT to fix previous errors). The ones that had been fixed previously had certified prior to the deadline but the ATM did not update the SWB in a timely manner.
Even with that being said, it never hurts to try.

We had someone certify about a week after the cutoff and we missed the panel. We weren't 100% so all of us trying to get out anxiously waited and, sure enough, we didn't release. I feel your pain because from one panel to the next the list changes a lot. Fingers crossed for me this panel, but it's not looking very promising : /

Priority list will typically come out the 1st of the month, the previous list came out a few days earlier this past panel.

I know the numbers will be locked in terms of eligible selections and releases but I wonder if selections made by the academy class tomorrow and the prior experience people on the 31st will have any impact on where certain facilities fall on the list, assuming it does come out February 1st.

I know the numbers will be locked in terms of eligible selections and releases but I wonder if selections made by the academy class tomorrow and the prior experience people on the 31st will have any impact on where certain facilities fall on the list, assuming it does come out February 1st.
Everything is based on a single snapshot in time. Once the PPT is finalized, everything for the panel is based off that. Current CPC, Projected CPC, etc.
Ex. Facility can pick up 8, but they get 3 people from an academy class between 1/25 and 2/1. The facility will still be able to select 8 on the panel and will be ranked based on their perceived need of 8.

Most recent prev exp will be factored. Academy class today will not.

Is the national average still set at 85%? I read the NCEPT rules thread and I saw the percentage changed for every panel.
The national avg for Proj and AOB changes every PPT. Although the AOB number has basically been stagnant. 85% projected is just one of the 2 requirements for release. The other being AOB national avg.

From the lack of ERR's I saw last panel (508 possible losses from 176 facilities, 411 potential first pass selections, 310 potential second pass selections) compared to this panel (319 possible losses from 149 facilities, 433 potential first pass selections, 556 potential second pass selections), there are going to be an enormous amount of guaranteed selection facilities. Of the 149 eligible facilities this panel, only 27 of them could not release in December.

Given the change in the NCEPT process and the fact we won't even come close to filling the available spots, I'm curious to see how many FSS CPC's are selected this panel.

Back
Top Bottom