Future Staffing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly what the agency does.

You signed up for a job, said you would go anywhere and the first thing you do is say you can’t live where it’s cold. Seems like you are pretty entitled

So what did you claim? Your dry skin was acting up? Your arthritis was bad? You pulled your taint?
Sounds like they had enough documentation for the hardship to be approved. What’s the fucking problem?

Sounds like they had enough documentation for the hardship to be approved. What’s the fucking problem?
This dude (not you, boots) sounds like the type of guy who runs his mouth in a bar, gets popped for it, then cries, asks what he did wrong, and claims victimhood. Lol.

That’s exactly what the agency does.

You signed up for a job, said you would go anywhere and the first thing you do is say you can’t live where it’s cold. Seems like you are pretty entitled

So what did you claim? Your dry skin was acting up? Your arthritis was bad? You pulled your taint?
I love your response its very well informed. So again you determined my hardship for cold weather was a scam based in a little bit of info. And yes I agreed to go to any location which is why I tried to stick it out for 2 years, but unfortunately the hospitals in that location didn't have DRs that dealt with my condition and suggested I travel over an hour to the nearest big city in an emergency or get life flighted from a small hospital.

Google cold weather effects on sickle cell. And before you say well dress warmly I did and still had a ton of issues that ended up with ER visits to ill prepared hospitals. Since I guess your not up to date on treatments for Sickle cell they usually include transfusions and pain management with narcotics which obviously we can't have in this job. I guess at the end of the day I should've just declined the job and given up on my life long dream of talking to planes. But hey at least there would've been one less scammer in the Agency.

This dude (not you, boots) sounds like the type of guy who runs his mouth in a bar, gets popped for it, then cries, asks what he did wrong, and claims victimhood. Lol.
How’s that any different than a guy taking a job then crying he didn’t get what he wanted and has to fake a medical condition?

It’s not actually vetted. Cmon man. What legit medical problem causes you not to be able to live in a place that dips below 50 for 6 months of the year? It’s horse shit.

Yah they tell you you can go anywhere. Then 3 seconds later they say but after you certify you can transfer
Let’s say there have been 600 bogus hardships. That’s at least 1200 movement blocked because of that one person. One at the location they are and one where they went. Not to mention the other ripple effects. That’s like 30-40percent of ncept movements and more than 10 percent of the cpc numbers. That’s HUGE impact.

You guys act like hardships are a fuck you to the agency, no they are a fuck you to the people you work with. The faa don’t give a fuck, because on paper the ncept does it’s job, we all know it hasn’t been a smashing success. But hardships make it way worse.

I love your response its very well informed. So again you determined my hardship for cold weather was a scam based in a little bit of info. And yes I agreed to go to any location which is why I tried to stick it out for 2 years, but unfortunately the hospitals in that location didn't have DRs that dealt with my condition and suggested I travel over an hour to the nearest big city in an emergency or get life flighted from a small hospital.

Google cold weather effects on sickle cell. And before you say well dress warmly I did and still had a ton of issues that ended up with ER visits to ill prepared hospitals. Since I guess your not up to date on treatments for Sickle cell they usually include transfusions and pain management with narcotics which obviously we can't have in this job. I guess at the end of the day I should've just declined the job and given up on my life long dream of talking to planes. But hey at least there would've been one less scammer in the Agency.
You said it. You went in knowing the effects and decided to roll the dice. so you thought it would be better to screw someone else over.

How’s that any different than a guy taking a job then crying he didn’t get what he wanted and has to fake a medical condition?

It’s not actually vetted. Cmon man. What legit medical problem causes you not to be able to live in a place that dips below 50 for 6 months of the year? It’s horse shit.

Let’s say there have been 600 bogus hardships. That’s at least 1200 movement blocked because of that one person. One at the location they are and one where they went. Not to mention the other ripple effects. That’s like 30-40percent of ncept movements and more than 10 percent of the cpc numbers. That’s HUGE impact.

You guys act like hardships are a fuck you to the agency, no they are a fuck you to the people you work with. The faa don’t give a fuck, because on paper the ncept does it’s job, we all know it hasn’t been a smashing success. But hardships make it way worse.
The dude has sickle cell anemia.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said it. You went in knowing the effects and decided to roll the dice. so you thought it would be better to screw someone else over.
Sure that's exactly what happened.
tosh.0 wink GIF

What a role model for future supervisors. What facility are you at so I completely avoid it?
Wow you think that’s bad? I’ve seen way worse at my facility from controllers and supes. We do a fine job discourage anyone from being a supervisor, they are nothing but turncoats. My behavior is nothing

I think anyone requesting a hardship needs to fly to Washington DC for a hearing with a panel of a NATCA person, a management rep, and some neutral third party not working for NATCA or the FAA.

Present the evidence for the hardship, let it all come out, keep the record of the hearing sealed if there are privacy concerns. Then if 2/3 agree the hardship is legit, you get it.

By making it harder on people and assuring more consistency in decision you will weed out more of the fakers and most of the people willing to go through that will only be the ones with legitimate hardships and really want it.

The funniest fact of the NCEPT era is that “black hole” ZNY and ZOA actually lead the country in release. They are just all hardships with rare supervision promotions mixed in.

I think anyone requesting a hardship needs to fly to Washington DC for a hearing with a panel of a NATCA person, a management rep, and some neutral third party not working for NATCA or the FAA.

Present the evidence for the hardship, let it all come out, keep the record of the hearing sealed if there are privacy concerns. Then if 2/3 agree the hardship is legit, you get it.

By making it harder on people and assuring more consistency in decision you will weed out more of the fakers and most of the people willing to go through that will only be the ones with legitimate hardships and really want it.

The funniest fact of the NCEPT era is that “black hole” ZNY and ZOA actually lead the country in release. They are just all hardships with rare supervision promotions mixed in.
Sounds like an opening for legal issues. I’ve said it plenty of times before, NATCA and FAA are not medical/legal experts, so how can they be expected to overrule what a doctor has determined to be medically necessary. Hardships aren’t exactly just Jim Bob having a wild hair about moving and saying he needs to go. There’s evidence and medical opinions/legal issues involved. It’s harder than people think it is

This all ties back to the fact that we’re treated like a bunch of fifth graders who have to rely on doctors excuses to be able to move. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

And I’ll continue to echo this for the rest of my career:

You are being gaslit into believing “you chose to go anywhere in the country.” The fact remains, you weren’t given a choice… rather, your choice was “I am willing to work anywhere in the country” or pick a new career field. So for the love of god please fuck off with this shit about VoLuNtEeRiNg to go anywhere.

People need to look into a few other options: DoD ATC gigs and other FAA Jobs. Just two days ago I got a TOL for another FAA job, sure it’s not “good time” but it has some decent prospects depending on if I want to stay in the keys or not. Match my pay, Monday-Friday, two days a pay period in the office and rest telework, hurt me more daddy FAA.

People need to look into a few other options: DoD ATC gigs and other FAA Jobs. Just two days ago I got a TOL for another FAA job, sure it’s not “good time” but it has some decent prospects depending on if I want to stay in the keys or not. Match my pay, Monday-Friday, two days a pay period in the office and rest telework, hurt me more daddy FAA.
You say this to people and they look at you like you are stupid. “I’d never take a desk job” and we wonder why so many dumb fucks are the ones that end up in those positions. Staff support too.

This all ties back to the fact that we’re treated like a bunch of fifth graders who have to rely on doctors excuses to be able to move. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

And I’ll continue to echo this for the rest of my career:

You are being gaslit into believing “you chose to go anywhere in the country.” The fact remains, you weren’t given a choice… rather, your choice was “I am willing to work anywhere in the country” or pick a new career field. So for the love of god please fuck off with this shit about VoLuNtEeRiNg to go anywhere.
in the military the equivalent was "you signed the dotted line" so therefore we can abuse and gaslight you so deal with it

the equivalent to "get involved with the union so you can make changes" was like the E7+ people bending you over saying stay in and get to E7 or go officer and be the change you wanna see

its all bullshit and whenever i see the natca bootlickers here say the same thing like its some obviously concept i go yeah ive seen this before

in the military the equivalent was "you signed the dotted line" so therefore we can abuse and gaslight you so deal with it

the equivalent to "get involved with the union so you can make changes" was like the E7+ people bending you over saying stay in and get to E7 or go officer and be the change you wanna see

its all bullshit and whenever i see the natca bootlickers here say the same thing like its some obviously concept i go yeah ive seen this before
I’m glad you brought the military correlation into this. I wasn’t going to. I’d say the ratio was probably 3:1 for number of people separating vs reenlisting. My favorite was my E8 telling me, a controller with a CTO and approach experience, that I wouldn’t be able to get a job in the civilian world. Can’t make that shit up.

I’m glad you brought the military correlation into this. I wasn’t going to. I’d say the ratio was probably 3:1 for number of people separating vs reenlisting. My favorite was my E8 telling me, a controller with a CTO and approach experience, that I wouldn’t be able to get a job in the civilian world. Can’t make that shit up.
Must have been some Senior Chief 🤡🤡🤡

It’s master chief now… if that tells you anything
If it is who I think it is, I am shocked I tell you, shocked. Must also be the same person that used receiving your physical CTO as a reenlistment incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom